Grown ups can enjoy an evening at the Thinkery on their own. At Thinkery21 we close the museum to kids and let adults, ages 21 and up, eat, drink and mingle while experiencing innovative science and art.
Each evening explores a different topic, but all include a cash bar, special activities and delicious nibbles from Austin food trucks. Depending on each evening’s lineup, enjoy live performances by local artists and musicians, dive into a topic with inventive scientists and explore cutting-edge technology with programmers and designers.
Tickets are $15 per person purchased in advance and $20 at the door.
Thinkery21: Circus Science
April 2, 2015
7 – 10 pm
Lions, tigers and beers, oh my! Join us for an evening of circus science fun. Try your hand at juggling, learn the math behind card tricks, and make cotton candy. Live performances and music will put you in a carnival kind of mood.
Ladies and gentlemen, the line up includes:
- Bunny Boutique by Rose & Grace Mini Farm – Brush and dress real bunnies!
- A Miniature Horse from Rose & Grace Mini Farm – Yes! A tiny, tiny horse!
- Chemistry Circus with UT’s Fun with Chemistry Program – Explosions! Slime! Fire! Could there be a better way to learn about the fundamental principles of chemistry?
- Sky Candy – East Austin studio offering kids and adult classes in the aerial and circus arts.
- Hula Hoop performances and instruction by Hot Mess Circus Productions.
- The Mystical Tarotron will give you an electronic fortune.
- Tiny Bikes “Tight Rope” Ride – Keep your balance on a silly-sized bike.
- Homemade Cotton Candy Demos – Learn the science of candy floss.
- Puppet Menagerie – Sew your own circus beast in Space 8, our new Maker Lab.
- Rigged Carnival Games – Wonder why carnival games are so hard to win? Find out.
- Plus, magic tricks, juggling, unicycling and more!
Delicious local food for purchase:
- Sugar Circus – Treats that will dazzle and amaze!
- Evil Wiener – Because rules weren’t made for hot dogs.
Thinkery21: The Pursuit of Hoppiness: Beer Science
Thursday, May 21, 2015
Learn about the beer you’re drinking during May’s adults only evening event.
Event details coming soon.
Please note: Thinkery21 is for adults 21+ only. There will be a cash bar (please bring cash as there’s not an ATM on site).
Thinkery21 Cancellation Policy: The Thinkery will not issue a refund for the cost of the ticket if you are unable to attend the event. The Thinkery reserves the right to cancel a program if registration for the event does not meet the minimum enrollment requirements. If the Thinkery cancels a program, a full refund will be issued to all registrants.