Thinkery welcomes community involvement in support of our mission to equip and inspire the next generation of creative problem solvers. We invite involvement from Austin’s creative community through the STEAM on the Spot program. Science, Technology, Engineering Arts, and Mathematics (STEAM) are the main focus areas of the content at Thinkery. We want to put representatives and enthusiasts from these fields “on the spot” to share their creativity, excitement, and knowledge with Museum visitors through activities, demonstrations, or performances. Please review the program guidelines below and complete the form to provide us with details about your proposed involvement.
STEAM on the Spot Guidelines:
- Thinkery does not provide compensation for demonstrations, performances, or activities associated with STEAM on the Spot.
- Individuals invited to participate in STEAM on the Spot must complete a background check ($5 fee to be paid by the individual)
- You may promote an approved product or service, but this program cannot allow any financial transaction such as, but not limited to sales or collecting tips.
- Participation in STEAM on the Spot is not an endorsement of your product or service.
- Unless other arrangements are made, you are expected to provide the supplies and materials required for your visit.
- You are responsible for the facilitation of your activity or event.
- In general, we schedule presenters 4-6 weeks in advance of the visit.
You will receive confirmation that your information has been received. Proposals are reviewed every two weeks. Thinkery staff will follow up with next steps. If you have additional questions, you may contact Sarah Klein at firstname.lastname@example.org.