Summer is almost here, and that means more time for learning and fun at Thinkery!
We’re very excited to announce our expanded Summer Hours, which begin Thursday, May 20. We’ll be moving to a five-days-a-week schedule for General Admission and eliminating timed sessions.
Our new summer schedule will also include free, in-person Community Night sessions each Sunday from 3 pm—5 pm and the return of Thinkery Field Trips.
Masks are still required at Thinkery
Per the current guidance from the CDC, Thinkery will continue to require face masks for all visitors ages 24 months and older, regardless of vaccination status.
Capacity will be limited in accordance with the current COVID-risk guidelines in place for Austin-Travis County.
Here’s what’s new:
- MORE DAYS! Beginning Thursday, May 20, Thinkery will be open every Wednesday through Sunday from 10 am-5 pm for General Admission.
- LONGER HOURS! Beginning May 20, General Admission will be available throughout the day. We will be eliminating the individual, two-hour sessions.
- Baby Bloomers will begin one hour earlier. The program will run Saturday mornings from 8 am-10 am throughout the Summer.
- Our expanded summer schedule includes the return of weekly Community Night hours, which provide visitors the opportunity to enter the museum free of charge. Community Night hours will be Sundays from 3 pm-5 pm.
- Thinkery will offer Field Trips for schools and day camps. Field Trips are available Wednesday – Friday, with three available time slots per day.
- You’ll now have the opportunity to book private parties in the evenings once General Admission hours are over. These two-hour private sessions allow groups to play, learn, and explore the museum exhibits with a closed guest list.
Tickets for all General Admission sessions may be purchased in advance here.