Join us in Kitchen Lab for a 2.5-hour workshop exploring the different forms of sugar at a molecular level! Put a spin on sugar by making your own cotton candy. Master the phases of matter while creating lollipops and chocolate pops. Then, use your various candy creations to decorate your own unique gingerbread house. As a finale, witness the dazzling display of sugar being converted to energy.
Once your creation is complete we’ll move it to the Gingerbread Village, where you can pick it up after playing at Thinkery!
Workshops offered at 10:45 am (10:30 am on Dec. 24)
December 1, 2, 8, 9, 15, 16, 21,22 & 23
* Individual dates subject to availability; please see reservations page for current list of available dates and rooms
$5 Member Adult or Child Workshop Fee
$12 Non-Member Adult or Child Workshop Fee
$30 per Candy Chemistry Gingerbread House Kit (Every group must purchase at least one house)
Cancellation Policy: Candy Chemistry Workshops
If you must cancel your plans, please notify us at least 7 days prior to the event start. Refunds are not available if we are notified less than 7 days prior to the event start or you fail to attend the event. Non–refundable, pre-ordered houses will be made available for pick-up in the form of a DIY kit. Thinkery reserves the right to cancel a program or combine workshops if registration for the event does not meet the minimum enrollment requirements. If Thinkery cancels a program, a full refund will be issued to all registrants.
Planning for Your Workshop
- Children must be accompanied to workshops by a ticketed adult.
- Plan to arrive at the Thinkery 10 minutes before the start of your workshop.
- Due to room capacity, each person who attends the workshop must reserve a space in the workshop by purchasing a ticket. Family members not attending the workshop must purchase general admission to enter the museum. They will not be admitted to the workshop without a workshop ticket.
- In addition to tickets, each group must purchase at least one gingerbread house. We recommend 2-3 people per house.
- The Private Workshop price includes 10 or 15 Gingerbread House Kits.
- Completed houses will measure approximately 8” x 8” and are about 10” tall and are made with real, fresh gingerbread.
- Families may explore the museum after their workshop for as long as they would like.
- No food or drinks are allowed in the workshop rooms during regular operating hours, except for Private Gingerbread Workshops.
- Outside entertainment vendors are not permitted in workshops.