Thinkery offers the Counselors-in-Training (CIT) program for teenagers (ages 13–18) to work in Thinkery Camps. CITs work closely with staff mentors to lead fun, STEAM-based activities in Thinkery summer camps. Individual goals are set to ensure each participant develops new skills and gains valuable work experience that is transferable to future academic and career endeavors.
If selected, applicants must commit to attending a series of training sessions. There are two training options—an AM training time or a PM training time, typically held during the first week of summer.
- Help campers engage in the Thinkery Camp experience
- Receive mentorship from Thinkery Camp staff
- Encourage team spirit with peers in the CIT program
- Be a STEAM role model
- Gain meaningful experience leading special activities
This includes each day of training paired with a minimum of 50 hours of CIT camp support and maximum of 125 hours of CIT camp support. Additional weeks subject to extra charge.
Program scholarships are available to families with a demonstrated financial need. Click here for the CIT scholarship application!
If you have any questions about the Scholarship Application, please email Ashley Hill, Volunteer Resources Coordinator (Teen Programs), at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All CITs (age 13–18 at the time application is submitted) are selected based on submission of an application form, a reference form and a group interview conducted by Thinkery Camp staff and Thinkery Teen Programs staff. All selected applicants must agree to one week of the mandatory training dates and a minimum of 50 hours (2 weeks) of CIT camp support hours.
- Submit an online application – This entails providing general information, responses to short answer questions, and contact information for a reference form to be sent by the Teen Programs Coordinator. Apply here!
- RSVP to and attend a Group Interview on May 9, 2018 – Invitations will be sent after the application has been processed and references received. The group interview will be a fun, light-hearted and interactive way to meet candidates and assess their readiness for the program.
- Training – If accepted, the final steps are to confirm dates of training the participant can attend, fulfill payment of the CIT program and paperwork to be completed to bring to training.
Option 1 – AM Session
June 5, 6 and 7, 2018
AM (9 am–1 pm)
Option 2 – PM Session
June 5, 6 and 7, 2018
PM (2–6 pm)
Refunds cannot be made nine 9 or fewer business days before the first day of training. A non-refundable processing fee of $35 is included in the price of your CIT program fee. Cancellations made 10 or more business days before the start of camp will receive a full refund, minus the $35 processing fee.