Baby Day – February 15
Join First3Years and Thinkery on February 15, 2020, for Baby Day ™! This event will feature baby-friendly activities such as baby yoga, music class, and more! For scheduled activity information visit: https://babyday.us/event/austin/.
Activities are included with general admission
Engineering Day – February 16
Join Thinkery in celebrating Engineering Week with a day full of hands-on activities and challenges for all ages. Activities are included with general admission
A special Story Time and book signing with local author Katie Jaffe for the launch of her new children’s book – Fly, Fly Again
Engineering Day Scheduled Activities:
- 10 am – 1 pm: Explore Power of Air using common objects to test how they fly.
- 1 pm: A special Story Time and book signing with local author Katie Jaffe for the launch of her new children’s book – Fly, Fly Again.
Spark Shop & Spark Yard:
- 10 am – 2 pm: Stomp Rockets – Build and test your own paper stomp rocket with special guests from UT SEEK. (The testing portion of this activity will be done in Innovators’ Workshop if the weather prevents the use of Spark Yard).
- 10 am – 3 pm: Build & Balance – Try building a wire sculpture without it losing balance as you add multiple pieces in midair. Will the balance remain in your favor?
- 10 am – 3 pm: Paper Airplanes – Design a paper airplane and test it in our launch zone.
- 11 am and 3 pm: Story Time – Join us for Thinkery-led Story Time in celebration of Engineering Day.
- 11:30 am, 12:30 pm, and 1:30 pm: Parachute Play – Grab a friend and join us in this playful activity that explores movement in different ways.
- 10 am – 3 pm – Make It Go! – Use RAMPS to explore gravity, force, and friction!
Plan your next trip to Thinkery
We have tons of fun and exciting things to do, updated on a regular basis. Check out what we have to offer and see if you can join us!