Seriously Sweet Structures
Join us in Spark Shop for a 2.5-hour workshop that uses gingerbread and icing as a sweet introduction to architecture and design for ages 8 and up. Through a series of structural engineering challenges, guests discover the shapes and forms vital to sturdy gingerbread construction while taking inspiration from well-known Austin landmarks. Once your creation is complete we’ll move it to the Gingerbread Village, where you can pick it up after playing at Thinkery!
Workshops offered at 2:30 pm (10:30 am on Dec. 24)
December 1, 2, 8, 9, 15, 16, 21, 22, 23 & 24
* Individual dates subject to availability; please see reservations page for current list of available dates and rooms
$5 Member Adult or Child Workshop Fee
$12 Non-Member Adult or Child Workshop Fee
$30 per Gingerbread Structures Kit (Every group must purchase at least one house)
Cancellation Policy: Seriously Sweet Structures Workshops
If you must cancel your plans, please notify us at least 7 days prior to the event start. Refunds are not available if we are notified less than 7 days prior to the event start or you fail to attend the event. Non–refundable, pre-ordered houses will be made available for pick-up in the form of a DIY kit. Thinkery reserves the right to cancel a program or combine workshops if registration for the event does not meet the minimum enrollment requirements. If Thinkery cancels a program, a full refund will be issued to all registrants.
Planning for Your Workshop
- Children must be accompanied to workshops by a ticketed adult.
- Plan to arrive at the Thinkery 10 minutes before the start of your workshop.
- Due to room capacity, each person who attends the workshop must reserve a space in the workshop by purchasing a ticket. Family members not attending the workshop must purchase general admission to enter the museum. They will not be admitted to the workshop without a workshop ticket.
- In addition to tickets, each group must purchase at least one gingerbread house. We recommend 2-3 people per house.
- The Private Workshop price includes 10 or 15 Gingerbread House Kits.
- Completed houses will measure approximately 8” x 8” and are about 10” tall and are made with real, fresh gingerbread.
- Families may explore the museum after their workshop for as long as they would like.
- No food or drinks are allowed in the workshop rooms during regular operating hours, except for Private Gingerbread Workshops.
- Outside entertainment vendors are not permitted in workshops.