Friday, February 8
10 AM - 5 PM
10:00 AM - Museum Opens | Activity Stations Open Throughout the Day
10:30 AM – 10:50 AM – Toddler (18-36 Months) Yoga Session
11:30 AM – 11:50 AM – Infant (0-18 Months) Yoga Session
12:30 PM – 12:50 PM – Toddler (18-36 Months) Yoga Session
1:00 PM – 1:20 PM - Music Class
1:30 PM – 1: 50 PM - Infant (0-18 Months) Yoga Session
2:00 PM – 2:20 PM - Music Class
2:30 PM – 2:50 PM - Toddler (18-36 Months) Yoga Session
3:00 PM – 3:20 PM - Music Class
3:30 PM – 3: 50 PM - Infant (0-18 Months) Yoga Session
4:00 PM – 4:20 PM - Music Class
4:30 PM – 4:50 PM - Toddler (18-36 Months) Yoga Session
5:00 PM - Museum Closes
Engineering Day at Thinkery
Saturday, February 16
10 am - 5 pm
Join Thinkery in celebrating Engineering Week with a day full of hands-on activities and challenges for all ages. Activities are FREE with museum general admission except Think Labs: Cow Eye Dissection
Engineering Day Scheduled Activities:
- Think Labs (10 am-3 pm). Think Labs require pre-registration and space is limited. Reserve your tickets today.
- Catapults (3 pm-6 pm) Ready, Set, Launch! Build a catapult and test your design to see how far you can launch a marshmallow
- Hoop Gliders - Design a glider that flies the longest distance possible.
- Use wooden blocks to build an arch. How might you get it to balance on its own?
- Design and build an obstacle course in Move Studio using Snug Play. These pieces challenge children to use their imaginations as they slide, turn and rearrange pieces.
- Stomp Rockets (weather permitting) – Join us in Spark Shop and Spark Yard to build and test your own paper Stomp Rocket.
- Making Connections- Use plastic straws and connectors to create and prototype a variety of inventions.
- Design with cardboard- Get creative with cardboard by using tools and tape to build a tower, make a puppet, or wearable headpiece.
- Join us for Storytime at 11 am, 1 pm, and 3 pm. Storytime will be themed around engineers, inventions, and creators.
More to Explore:
- Join other community guests celebrating with us, including UT’s Women in Engineering Program!