Sunday, February 16 | 10 am—3 pm
Activities FREE with General Admission
Help us kick off National Engineers Week with a day full of hands-on activities and engineering challenges for all ages. Plus, enjoy a special Story Time and book signing with local author Katie Jaffe for the launch of her new children’s book Fly, Fly Again.
Scheduled activities include:
- 10 am – 1 pm: Explore Power of Air using common objects to test how they fly.
- 1pm: A special Story Time and book signing with local author Katie Jaffe for the launch of her new children’s book Fly, Fly Again.
Spark Shop & Spark Yard
- 10 am – 3 pm: Build & Balance – Try building a wire sculpture without it losing balance as you add multiple pieces in midair. Will the balance remain in your favor?
- 10 am – 3 pm: Paper Airplanes – Design a paper airplane and test it in our launch zone.
- 11 am and 3 pm: Story Time – Join us for Thinkery-led Story Time in celebration of Engineering Day.
- 12:30 pm and 1:30 pm: Parachute Play – Grab a friend and join us in this playful activity that explores movement in different ways.
- 10 am – 3 pm – Make It Go! – Use RAMPS to explore gravity, force, and friction!
Robotics Demo- Join 5th grade robotic groups as they demo their robot to complete timed tasks on the challenge mat and ask these young engineers questions!
Plan your next trip to Thinkery
We have tons of fun and exciting things to do, updated on a regular basis. Check out what we have to offer and see if you can join us!