Thinkery At Home:
A collection of videos and printable activity guides to help bring fun STEAM learning activities into your home!
Thinkery is excited to bring playful STEAM learning into your home through fun, original videos like these. Each activity focuses on materials and tools that are likely already available in your home and should require minimal preparation. Enjoy!
Looking to jumpstart your day? Try this overnight oat recipe from #ThinkeryatHome! The flavors of carrot cake turned into a filling and nutritious breakfast! Prep the night before for a quick and simple morning meal.
Have you ever completed a maze? Maybe it was on paper or life-size where you walked through it? Well today we’re going to talk about mazes and get to build our own! Join Jesse as he guides you through building a fun box maze using your own creativity and recyclable materials from around your home!
Do you or your child love foods that are crunchy and crackly? Spice up your snack time with this #Thinkeryathome delicious and nutritious recipe—roasted crispy, crunchy chickpeas!
Have you ever wondered what causes baseballs, soccer balls, and golf balls to curve when thrown or hit? Join Jesse as he shows you the secrets behind the Magnus Effect!!
Frozen Yogurt Popsicles
Cool off from the hot Texas sun with frozen fruit and yogurt popsicles! Join Rosie for this activity children and caregivers will cut, measure, and mix together to create this fun snack!
More At Home Activity Videos
Printable Activity Guides
- Shadow Tracing Activity Activity Guide | Activity Guide – Spanish
- Exploratory Art with Textured Tin Blog | Activity Guide | Activity Guide-Spanish
- Rain or Shine, It’s Water Play Time Blog | Activity Guide | Activity Guide – Spanish
- Simple Solutions for Earth Day Blog | Activity Guide | Activity Guide – Spanish
- Precipitation Station – Raincloud Simulation! Blog | Activity Guide | Activity Guide -Spanish
- Curiosity, Creativity & Cardboard Blog | Activity Guide | Activity Guide – Spanish
- Recycled Ring Toss Blog | Activity Guide | Activity Guide – Spanish
Resources and Useful Links
- How You and Your Kids Can De-Stress During Coronavirus (PBS for Parents)
- How to Make Your Own Face Covering (Austin Public Health)
- Strong Start Parenting Support (SAFE)
- Responsive Parenting in a Time of Global Crisis (Ensemble Therapy)
- Q&A: Viruses, Vaccines, and Soaps
- Caring for Children: Tips to Keep Children Healthy While School’s Out (CDC)
- Bright By Text (United Way)
- 100 Ways To Play (Boston Children’s Museum)
- Design Squad: Stuff Spinner (PBS KIds)
- 10 Great Hands-On Activities To Do At-Home
- How to Talk to Your Kids About Coronavirus (PBS Austin)
Follow us for new activities and videos every weekday!
Tag your experience #ThinkeryAtHome or #ThinkeryLIVE
For special early access to even more amazing at-home activities!
Interested in an at-home option for camp?
Our new Thinkery Camp At Home is a flexible, at-home option for campers from Pre-K through 5th grade.