Think outside the museum—let us bring Thinkery to you! We’d love to be at your upcoming event or science night with innovative learning experiences exploring science, technology, engineering, arts, and math (STEAM).
To learn more about our prices and program offerings, please contact Angela Villarreal, Public Programs Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Thinkery provides engaging, hands-on table-top activities for kids and families that can be catered specifically to your event—from quick lessons in our science subject matter to activities sparking deeper engagement through tinkering and inquiry-based learning.
- Thinkery provides all materials and activity experts to provide fun, educational experiences for your event participants.
- Our hands-on STEAM activities spark curiosity in children of all ages (2–102).
- Each activity is housed at its own table provided by the event host.
- Along with Thinkery educators, we recommend you provide 1–2 volunteers to assist with monitoring tables.
- Reservations must be made six weeks in advance of the event.
Save the Day
In this empathy-building, design challenge, prototype and engineer an object using specific parameters as your guide and save the day in a disaster scenario. Recommended for ages 5+.
Using rods and connectors, explore the structure of shapes through engineering and constructing freestanding forts. Recommended for ages 4+.
Design a LEGO ® car to race down Thinkery’s mega race track. Recommended for ages 2+.
Explore your inner electrical engineer. Connect the wires to light up light bulbs, make motors spin and more. Recommended for ages 4+.
Design a rolling ball sculpture. Working in pairs or small groups, build a ball run with conduit, funnels, tracks, bumpers, dowels, and other materials on a pegboard wall. Recommended for ages 4+.
Build a robot that draws a crazy piece of art. Using a motor, battery and recyclable materials this motorized contraption moves in unusual ways and leaves a mark to trace its path. Recommended for ages 4+.
Use unconventional materials to build your own video game controller. Recommended for ages 4+.
Programs are age- and grade-level specific, meeting Texas Education Agency guidelines and promoting critical thinking while fostering playful collaboration and exploration.
|2 Hours||2 Hours||4 Hours||4 Hours|
|2 Activities||3 Activities||2 Activities||3 Activities|