Classic Gingerbread Workshops
(Perfect for tots, all ages & abilities)
These hour-long, educator-led workshops are appropriate for all ages–including our littlest toddler designers–and offer everything you need to build and decorate a charming gingerbread house. Follow our single-house design outline or combine kits to create your own design!
Each attendee must reserve a seat in the workshop and we recommend purchasing one Gingerbread House Kit for every 2-3 people. Based on the age of your child, we will provide either a Tot or All Ages kit with the proper materials for building. For those 5 and under, our Tot gingerbread kits have larger candies and an easy-to-build platform, so that everyone can have a fun and successful time. Once your creation is complete we’ll move it to the Gingerbread Village, where you can pick it up after playing at Thinkery!
Workshops offered at 9:30 am, 9:45 am, 10:45 am, 11 am, 12 pm, 1:30 pm, 2:45 pm & 4pm
Program Dates: December 1, 2, 8, 9, 15–24
* Individual dates and event rooms subject to availability; please see reservations page for current list of available dates and rooms
$5 Member Adult or Child Seat
$12 Non-Member Adult or Child Seat
$20 per Gingerbread House Kit (Every group must purchase at least one house)
BOOK NOW – Sugar Plum Room
BOOK NOW – Peppermint Room
BOOK NOW – Gum Drop Room
BOOK NOW – Candy Cane Room
BOOK NOW – Snowflake Room
Cancellation Policy: Classic Gingerbread Workshops
If you must cancel your plans, please notify us at least 7 days prior to the event start. Refunds are not available if we are notified less than 7 days prior to the event start or you fail to attend the event. Non–refundable, pre-ordered houses will be made available for pick-up in the form of a DIY kit. Thinkery reserves the right to cancel a program or combine workshops if registration for the event does not meet the minimum enrollment requirements. If Thinkery cancels a program, a full refund will be issued to all registrants.
Planning for Your Workshop
- Children must be accompanied to workshops by a ticketed adult.
- Plan to arrive at the Thinkery 10 minutes before the start of your workshop.
- Due to room capacity, each person who attends the workshop must reserve a space in the workshop by purchasing a ticket. Family members not attending the workshop must purchase general admission to enter the museum. They will not be admitted to the workshop without a workshop ticket.
- In addition to tickets, each group must purchase at least one gingerbread house. We recommend 2-3 people per house.
- The Private Workshop price includes 10 or 15 Gingerbread House Kits.
- Completed houses will measure approximately 8” x 8” and are about 10” tall and are made with real, fresh gingerbread.
- Families may explore the museum after their workshop for as long as they would like.
- No food or drinks are allowed in the workshop rooms during regular operating hours, except for Private Gingerbread Workshops.
- Outside entertainment vendors are not permitted in workshops.