Keeping Thinkery Clean & Healthy
Thinkery’s Health and Safety Guidelines
Our top priority is the health and safety of our visitors, staff, and community.
Thinkery utilizes guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Austin Public Health (APH) to ensure our museum remains a safe, clean, and healthy place for everyone to play and learn. We have adopted a number of enhanced health and safety measures to help ensure the safety of our guests and staff.
Please read carefully as these guidelines are very important and must be adhered to throughout your visit.
All General Admission and Baby Bloomers sessions run a maximum of two hours. Tickets are limited to 25% of normal museum capacity to prevent overcrowding and promote appropriate social distancing.
Masks are required for all guests age 2+
Per CDC guidelines, all staff and visitors ages 2+ must wear a mask that covers their nose and mouth to enter the Museum. Scarves, bandanas, gaiters, and masks with vents are not permitted. Face masks may be removed when drinking water, but must be replaced immediately.
We ask that you practice mask wearing with your young child at home to help ensure their comfort and compliance when they visit.
Guests who do not follow the above guidelines will be asked to leave or reschedule their visit for a later date when the measures are no longer in place.
Disposable child-size masks are available at Admissions and reusable masks are for sale in the Thinkery Store.
Please maintain social distancing whenever possible while inside the museum
We are limiting all General Admission and Baby Bloomer’s sessions to run a maximum of two hours. Tickets are limited to 25% of normal museum capacity to prevent overcrowding and promote appropriate social distancing throughout their visit.
Even at reduced capacity, there may be periods where certain exhibits or galleries are crowded. Staff may temporarily limit access at those times to minimize contact between groups.
All guests and staff will have a wellness check before entering the Museum.
- The wellness check consists of two COVID-19 related questions.
- Anyone who answers “Yes” to the wellness questions will not be allowed to visit the Museum.
- Contact our reservations team to exchange your tickets to visit another time.
Ticketing and check-in
- A limited number of walk-up tickets will be held for each session, but guests are encouraged to purchase tickets in advance (Members are also asked to reserve their tickets online in advance)
- Credit/debit cards are preferred, and Cash discouraged at this time
- You may check in up to 30 minutes prior to your ticketed session; no tickets will be sold within 30 minutes of a session’s scheduled end time.
We need your help to keep Thinkery a safe, fun place to play and learn!
We’re doing our part to keep our community healthy and safe from COVID-19 and other illnesses. There are additional steps that YOU can take to help prevent the spread of germs and viruses.
If someone in your group is sick, please visit us some other time
For the health and safety of all our guests, we ask that any child or adult with an elevated temperature or an illness that may be contagious (such as pink eye, a cold, or the flu) not visit Thinkery until they are fully recovered.
A good rule of thumb: if you’re too sick to go to school (or work), you should plan to visit Thinkery another time.
Be proactive! Take simple steps to protect your child.
- Wash your hands with soap and water frequently. It takes 15-20 seconds to get them clean enough.
- Avoid touching a person who is obviously sick.
- Avoid touching your own eyes and face (viruses can transmit from our hands into our bodies).
- Please cover your mouth and nose when you sneeze or cough. Remember to cough and sneeze into your elbow (the “vampire sneeze“) or into a tissue, not into your hand.
- Get your flu vaccine every year.
Thinkery strongly supports the US Center for Disease Control and Prevention recommendation that all children receive vaccinations. We request—but do not require—that Thinkery guests are vaccinated for MMR and other transmittable diseases; proof of vaccination is not needed to gain entry.
Thinkery does all we can to prevent illness and to maintain a clean, safe learning environment. This includes an ongoing, thorough cleaning of museum and gallery components.
Museum Cleaning Procedures
Gallery Cleaning Procedures
There is no 100% effective way to prevent illnesses, but we can all take steps to minimize risk and spreading germs. If you see an area or object that requires cleaning or attention, please notify Thinkery staff.