Lead fun, STEAM-based activities in Thinkery summer camps while preparing for future endeavors.
Our youth career readiness and volunteering program offers teens (ages 13—18) opportunities to gain valuable experience in Thinkery Camps.
VolunTeen: Counselors-in-Training work closely with staff mentors to lead fun, STEAM-based activities in Thinkery summer camps. Individual goals are set to ensure each participant develops new skills and gains valuable work experience that is transferable to future academic and career endeavors.
- Help pre-K through 5th grade campers have an amazing Thinkery Camp experience
- Lead fun, STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts, and math) activities
- Practice team building and encourage spirit with peer VolunTeens
- Gain meaningful work experience
- Receive 12 hours of training and ongoing mentorship from Thinkery Camp staff
- Develop individual goals supported by weekly check-ins
- Commit to serving a minimum of 2 weeks in Thinkery Summer Camps, earning a maximum of 120 service hours.
If selected, applicants must attend three (3) half-day training sessions, June 2—4. There are two options for training sessions: AM Training from 9am-1pm OR PM Training from 2pm-6pm.
VolunTeens then commit to a minimum of 2 weeks of helping in camps in either all day or half-day shifts. For a list of the camp dates, themes and locations, please visit our Thinkery Camps page.
If you have any further questions about our VolunTeen Program, please email email@example.com.
Applications for Summer 2020 are now open!
Application process details
Program fees & Scholarships
Summer 2020 Training Dates
If you have any further questions about our VolunTeen Program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thinkery’s VolunTeen program is generously supported by:
Plan your next trip to Thinkery
We have tons of fun and exciting things to do, updated on a regular basis. Check out what we have to offer and see if you can join us!