About the Thinkery
The Thinkery is an evolution of the Austin Children’s Museum. It’s Austin’s sparkling new home for “why” and “how.” A place where science and families play side by side. Where people connect with ideas by doing, making and experiencing. It’s a foundry for a new generation of innovators and creative problem solvers. And it’s a heck of a good time.
To create innovative learning experiences that equip and inspire the next generation of creative problem solvers.
A creative, collaborative community that celebrates questions and discovery.
- We will be INCLUSIVE by making every facet relevant and accessible to all.
- We will promote EXCELLENCE as a dynamic standard for which we strive; to serve at the very best of our ability.
- We will amplify RESPECT by treating people with honor and dignity.
- We will spark INNOVATION by embracing risk and seeing failure as lessons learned.
- We will encourage PLAYFULNESS with the confidence to let go and enjoy.
- We will foster COOPERATION by working together to form a collaborative best.
- We will unleash CREATIVITY by exploring the path between what is and what can be imagined.
The Thinkery is funded through a combination of philanthropic gifts and earned income. Additionally, the museum is funded and supported in part by a grant from the Texas Commission on the Arts and by the City of Austin through the Economic Development Department/Cultural Arts Division believing an investment in the Arts is an investment in Austin’s future. Visit Austin at NowPlayingAustin.com