Our staff and volunteers are the key ingredient in creating meaningful museum experiences, and we are committed to building an effective, diverse team that reflects our values and our community. Whether you’re working directly with visitors or “behind the scenes,” working at Thinkery is rewarding, collaborative and exciting. Join our team of dynamic, engaging museum professionals!
Director of Development and Marketing
The Director of Development & Marketing is a key leader in the organization wth responsibilities for branding and marketing, as well as a multilateral fundraising and relationship building in the Austin community. Will provide a strategic direction for the departments while supporting the overall mission of the museum. Learn more.
Lead Exhibits Technician
Are you mechanically inclined with extreme attention to detail? Are you committed to a high standard of consistency and excellence? We are looking for a creative problem solver to lead the charge on the upkeep of exhibits and galleries. The Lead Exhibit Technician will troubleshoot, repair, maintain, refurbish and fabricate components for Thinkery galleries and programs. Learn More.
Why work at Thinkery? Here are just a few reasons to become an employee!
For all Staff:
- Flexible schedules
- General Admission is free for employees, with a discounted rate for employee guests
- 10% off purchases from our Gift Shop and 10% of memberships
- Free parking at the McBee Parking Garage
- Closed on July 4th, Thanksgiving, and Christmas
- Additional discounts are available after six months of employment including a free premium membership and discounted rates to certain special programs.
For Full Time Employees:
- Affordable Medical, Dental and Vision
- Flexible Spending Account and Health Savings Account options
- 100% paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 100% paid Basic Life and AD&D
- 80 hours of Vacation time and 96 hours of Sick time accrued each year
- 13 paid holidays per year
- 403B Plan
Direct Service Staff
Direct Service Staff members ensure every Thinkery visitor has a meaningful, relevant, high quality, fun and educational experience by providing exemplary customer service. They hold a significant responsibility to enrich the visitor experience by administering a creative, positive atmosphere that fosters the joy of learning. Direct Service Staff activates gallery and program spaces within and outside of the museum to deliver our mission directly to visitors. Learn more.
Why work at Thinkery? Here are just a few reasons to become a Part-Time employee!
- Flexible schedules
- General Admission is FREE for employees, with a discounted rate for employee guests
- 10% discounts on purchases in the Thinkery Shop and 10% off on memberships
- Free parking at the McBee Street District Garage
- Closed on Fourth of July, Thanksgiving and Christmas
- Additional discounts are available after six months of employment, including a free premium membership and discounted rates to certain special programs
We are currently accepting Fall intern applications for the positions listed below. Application deadline has been extended for the roles listed below.
Internship Application Process:
- Review the position descriptions (above) to determine which role(s) you are most interested in.
- Submit via email: (Please list the name of the internship as your email subject.
Example: School Programs Intern)
- Completed application form: Thinkery Intern Application Form
- Cover letter: Please save as “lastname_firstnameFall2017Letter”
- Resume: Please save as “lastname_firstnameFall2017Resume”
For questions about our internship program, please contact Dana Mahoney at 512.469.6211.
Thinkery is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.