For ages 0-36 months
Toddlers take over the museum during Baby Bloomers!
Baby Bloomers is a special program during which the museum is open exclusively for visitors ages 0–3 years and their families.
Now being offered on Monday and Saturday mornings from 8 – 10 am. The museum is closed after Baby Bloomers on Mondays. Baby Bloomers provides caregivers and early learners the chance to experience Thinkery together in an environment focused solely on them.
The program takes place on the second floor and backyard of the museum and includes two-story times, parachute play, and free play that supports the social, emotional, physical, and cognitive development of our earliest learners.
Baby Bloomers is a special program that is not included in memberships. Members receive a discounted ticket price. Reserve your tickets in advance to enjoy open-ended explorations and learning through play.
$7 Member and $9 standard
No Baby Bloomers programing on March 11
The seasons are changing and so is the weather! Explore the wonders of sunshine, clouds, and rain with your little one. Squeeze water from sponge clouds and splash in sensory bins as you celebrate the seasons together!
- Join us for Story Time at 8:30 am & 9:30 am for weather-themed songs & stories!
- Sunny Shapes: Let the sun shine in! Create a colorful sky scene while experimenting with surface tension and color mixing.
- Sensory Search: Explore Bloom with your little one searching for sensory bottles inspired by the seasons.
- Drip, Drip, Drop!! Experiment with cause & effect and develop fine motor skills by filling clouds with water and making it rain! It’s simple physics with a touch of magic.
- Squeeze a Storm! Practice emerging number awareness and support early math skills by squeezing rain out of cloud sponges! Develop strong hand muscles as you and your little fill up graduated cylinders.
- Over the Rainbow! Experience all the colors of the rainbow! Bond with your little one and challenge their gross motor skills by jumping, rocking, and moving to the music. Dancing together encourages pro-social skills.
- Join us at 9am for Parachute Play!
- Watch the Wind! Practice fine motor skills and explore how air moves! Experiment with your little to discover how wind makes leaves, flowers, and scarves fly.
- Weather Sounds Create a storm soundscape with thunder drums, rain sticks, and wind chimes! Hearing different sounds supports your little one’s auditory development and provides a sensory experience.
Let’s Grow: Magnet Wall
- What’s the Weather? Engage in dramatic play with your little one as you pretend to be a meteorologist! Identify the weather and imagine you’re on the news telling all your friends and neighbors! It’s a great photo opportunity to remember this experience together!
Our Backyard (Outside)
- Just Ducky! Ducks love the changing weather of Springtime! Splash around with everyone’s favorite squeaky bath-time toy in our outdoor water exhibit!
This project is supported in part by the Cultural Arts Division of the
City of Austin Economic Development Department
Plan your next trip to Thinkery
Learn more about the new Thinkery experience and review Thinkery’s health and safety information.