For ages 0-36 months
Toddlers take over the museum during
Baby Bloomers is a special program during which the museum is open exclusively for visitors ages 0–3 years and their families.
Currently being offered on Saturday mornings from 9 – 11 am only. Baby Bloomers provides caregivers and early learners the chance to experience Thinkery together in an environment focused solely on them.
For the health and safety of our guests, we are limiting capacity to 50 guests and will host the program on the second floor only. Activities are intended to be self-guided and promote safe distancing amongst guests. We will host two Story Times and free play that support the social, emotional, and cognitive development of our earliest learners.
Reserve your tickets in advance to enjoy open-ended explorations and
learning through play.
February & March: Exploring our senses!
Sensory activities support the development of scientific processes in young children as they play, create, and investigate. Join us as we explore our senses all month long.
- Story Nook: Join us for Story Time at 9:30 am or 10:30 am. Each week, we will read books all about our senses. Afterwards, we invite you and your child to use your sense of touch to explore braille books or share another story together.
- Café: Gather fruits and vegetables to make a colorful meal for your family. Use your sense of sight to make a rainbow soup or salad.
- Fresh! Farmers Market: Use your sense of smell to find the scented eggs throughout the Chicken Coop and Farmers Market. Use your sense of sight to match the colored eggs with the hen that laid them.
- Move! Studio: Move and groove your whole body to the music in Move! Studio. Follow along with the movements projected on the wall or make up your own dance. What familiar songs do you hear?
- Bloom: Use your sense of sight and hearing to explore sensory bottles. Enjoy tummy time on floor mirrors and colorful, sensory squares.
- Currents: What sounds do you hear as you and your child explore different instruments? Make your own rhythms using the drums and dripping water!
- Photo Booth: Snap a photo while your little one uses their sense of touch to explore items in a mystery box. Share their look of surprise by tagging us on social media. #ThinkeryATX @thinkeryatx
This project is supported in part by the Cultural Arts Division of the
City of Austin Economic Development Department
Plan your next trip to Thinkery
Learn more about the new Thinkery experience and review Thinkery’s health and safety information.