Today on the blog, our awesome Volunteen April has put together two fun projects to do at home this holiday season- snowflakes and reindeer! Thanks April!
How to make Paper Snowflakes
– printer paper
– string (optional)
1) Grab a piece of paper. Pull a corner of paper to the other side, and flatten to make the page look like a triangle with a bit of excess rectangular bit at the bottom.
2) Cut off the excess rectangular bit.
3) Now with your triangular piece of paper, grab one of the adjacent corners and pull it to the opposite corner. Repeat.
4) Cut out shapes and designs–they can be anything! Be sure not to cut too much of one side and completely tear it off.
5) Unfold the entire triangle to unveil your snowflake!
6) OPTIONAL: If you’re feeling snazzy and want to hang your snowflakes around the house, attach some string to an available bit of the snowflake and tie it, tape it, or tack it as you’d like.
How to make Root Beer Rudolphs
– glass root beer bottles
– hot glue
– puffy fluff balls (or any red substitute that can be transformed into a ball!)
– pipe cleaners
– googly eyes
1) Plug in your hot glue gun.
2) While waiting for the glue to warm up, take a pipe cleaner and bend half of it into three little notches to form a mini rudolph antler. Repeat once more.
3) Once you have two antlers, tie the ends of the antlers together.
4) Take your ribbon and cut a piece about 5-6 inches long.
5) Now it’s time to glue on all of your pieces! First, your ribbon:
6) Then your red nose:
7) Then your antlers:
8) And last, your eyes.
9) Now, you can give your friends charming reindeer beverages for the holidays!