Volunteer As A Group
Group volunteer projects are the perfect team-building community service opportunity!
Group volunteer projects are not just a super fun experience, they also build team spirit!
Volunteer groups support Thinkery through behind-the-scenes prep and some guest-facing roles. These volunteer opportunities primarily occur on-site at Thinkery and offer your group a great way to build team spirit while supporting STEAM learning. If you would like to become a volunteer group, please identify a group leader and have them submit an application. Please call or email if you would like to reach out to the Volunteer Resources Manager with a unique volunteer project proposal or question.
Group opportunities are limited to no more than 20 volunteers per engagement.
Please review the Volunteer Group Agreement before completing an application
What do volunteer groups do at Thinkery?
- Group volunteers help with important behind-the-scenes prep tasks and some limited guest-facing opportunities
- Behind the Scenes – to put on programming at the scale we do can require a ton of prep ahead of time to have the proper materials
- Materials Preparation – This includes tasks such as cutting, laminating, sorting, measuring
- Program Support – Includes testing equipment, inventorying, labeling or organizing
- Guest-facing roles are less common for groups and include assisting at special events in the museum
What is required of my group and me to participate?
Your group should be no more than 20 individuals at a given event; all participants must be 18 or older.
Please review the Volunteer Group Agreement to learn more about these policies and expectations.
What else should I know?
Contact the Volunteer Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 512-469-6235
Volunteers in Action
Plan your next trip at Thinkery.
We have tons of fun and exciting things to do, updated on a regular basis. Check out what we have to offer and see if you can join us!