The beloved winter tradition returns!
During Thinkery’s Gingerbread Workshops, creative families use fresh gingerbread and sweet treats to build gingerbread houses in a fun and festive atmosphere. Build one house together as a group or let each family member create their own gingerbread masterpiece!
From tots to teens and all ages in-between, you’ll find a workshop that’s right for your family! Each Gingerbread House Kit includes all the supplies you’ll need—fresh gingerbread from La Mexicana Bakery, an assortment of candies and plenty of icing. After the workshop, participants are welcome to explore Thinkery while their house dries in the Gingerbread Village.
With each of these amazing workshops, you’ll be building much more than a gingerbread house–you’ll be building holiday memories for the whole family! (But also gingerbread houses. Which are awesome!)
Choose the Gingerbread Workshop that’s right for you!
BOOK NOW – Sugar Plum Room
BOOK NOW – Peppermint Room
BOOK NOW – Gum Drop Room
BOOK NOW – Candy Cane Room
BOOK NOW – Snowflake Room
Seriously Sweet Structures:
Planning for Your Workshop
- Children must be accompanied to workshops by a ticketed adult.
- Plan to arrive at the Thinkery 10 minutes before the start of your workshop.
- Due to room capacity, each person who attends the workshop must reserve a space in the workshop by purchasing a ticket. Family members not attending the workshop must purchase general admission to enter the museum. They will not be admitted to the workshop without a workshop ticket.
- In addition to tickets, each group must purchase at least one gingerbread house. We recommend 2-3 people per house.
- The Private Workshop price includes 10 or 15 Gingerbread House Kits.
- Completed houses will measure approximately 8” x 8” and are about 10” tall and are made with real, fresh gingerbread.
- Families may explore the museum after their workshop for as long as they would like.
- No food or drinks are allowed in the workshop rooms during regular operating hours, except for Private Gingerbread Workshops.
- Outside entertainment vendors are not permitted in workshops.
Classic, Candy Chemistry & Seriously Sweet Structures Workshops If you must cancel your plans, please notify us at least 7 days prior to the event start to receive a refund of the ticket cost minus a $5 processing fee per workshop. A $5 transaction fee will be charged if you change your workshop. Refunds are not available if we are notified less than 7 days prior to the event start or you fail to attend the event. Non–refundable, pre-ordered houses will be made available for pick-up in the form of a DIY kit. Thinkery reserves the right to cancel a program or combine workshops if registration for the event does not meet the minimum enrollment requirements. If Thinkery cancels a program, a full refund will be issued to all registrants.
Private Gingerbread Workshops
If you must cancel your plans, please notify us at least 15 days prior to the event start to receive a refund of the ticket cost minus a $75 processing fee per workshop. Refunds are not available if we are notified less than 15 days prior to the event start or you fail to attend the event. Non–refundable, pre-ordered houses will be made available for pick-up in the form of a DIY kit.